SELF Made Pool FAQ
You can choose from 1-52 weeks. What do you prefer?
Since flexible staking and fixed-term staking options are part of the same pool, the following variables affect the APY of both:
- Total SELF staked in flexible staking and fixed-term staking (the sum of both). The more SELF staked, the lower the APY.
- Total locked SELF in fixed-term staking. The more SELF locked means more yield boosts, resulting in fewer SELF rewards for others (especially flexible staking).
- The average lock duration of all SELF locked in fixed-term staking. If the average lock duration increases, APY will decrease.
No. You can harvest the rewards only when the locked duration is ended. This is based on the yield/return we are providing as well as the technical implementations.
Yes. Extending the lock duration adds more time to your initial lock duration. When choosing to extend your lock duration, note:
New extended lock duration = initial lock duration + added duration
No. Your SELF cannot be removed or withdrawn from fixed-term staking at any point in time until your lock duration ends and your SELF is unlocked.
The "SELF Locked" amount is a user's initial locked SELF balance plus SELF rewards to date.
SELF Locked = Initial locked SELF balance + SELF rewards
When adding more SELF to fixed-term staking, the "SELF to be locked" amount is the user's initial locked SELF balance, SELF rewards to date, and the SELF being added.
Yes, the fixed-term staking SELF pool APY is variable, just like the old SELF pools. The fixed-term staking SELF pool APY is not fixed and is dependent on:
- Total SELF staked in the SELF pool (the sum of both Flexible + Fixed-Term Staking).
- The average lock duration of all SELF locked in fixed-term staking.
- A yield boost (similar to a multiplier) calculated from a user's initial lock duration. The longer you lock your SELF, the higher the yield boost.
For example, if you lock your SELF for 52 weeks, your yield boost will be larger than if you lock your SELF for 26 weeks. The yield boost increases linearly the longer you lock your SELF.
TBD, more information will be provided soon.
No. As mentioned above in the "What’s the difference" section, both options are part of the same, single pool. You currently can never have SELF in both fixed-term and flexible staking.
We have multiple solutions coming in the future to allow users to use both flexible staking and fixed-term staking at the same time, but for now, you can choose only one of them.
No. There are no additional fees for moving SELF from flexible staking to fixed-term staking, only network fees.
When your fixed-term staking period ends, and your SELF unlocks, you have 7 days to complete one of two options:
- Lock your SELF to begin a new fixed-term staking period or
- Convert your staked SELF to flexible staking (no 72-hour withdrawal fee).
During these 7 days, you will still earn SELF.
After 7 days, if you have not done one of the two options, your staked SELF will enter what is called "After Burning". With "After Burning", your SELF rewards will start to be sent to burn. The % of SELF rewards being sent to burn will linearly increase in the 90 days "After Burning" period until it reaches 100%, which means all the SELF rewards are burnt.
So, to avoid missing out on SELF rewards, we recommend starting a new fixed-term staking period or converting your SELF to flexible staking at the end of your lock staking period.